Put on flippers and flip flops to walk the trails of the bird sanctuary and the seabed of Ile Sainte Marguerite
We will walk along the ornithological reserve Batéguier where we will observe the bird species. Then with fins, mask and snorkel we will discover the marine environment.
On your arrival, we will equip you with all the webbed hiking equipment and then we will leave by boat for Ile Sainte Marguerite.
First, we will walk along the bird sanctuary Batéguier where we will observe the different species of birds that nest there. In the pond of Batéguier, sea water mixes with the fresh water of an artesian well and shelters a ornithological reserve rich in water birds.
Then, we will go in the water with fins, mask and snorkel to the discovery of the marine environment and its wonders. On shallow bottoms you can discover our fauna and our Mediterranean flora surface. Posidonia forms underwater meadows. This herbarium produces oxygen and is the best refuge for aquatic fauna and flora.
We will return to the boat that will take us back to Port la Rague
The total duration of the activity is 3h00
- Discovery of the idyllic setting of the island Sainte Marguerite between the creeks and the forest of pines and eucalyptus
- Introduction to marine biology on shallow bottoms rich in flora and Mediterranean fauna
- Observation and discovery of water birds in the ornithological reserve pond Batéguier and its ecosystem
Parental authorization is essential for all children under 18
From 6 years old
Able to swim
- After you booked, we will confirm the availability within 24 hours
- No charges will be taken if the activity is not available
- Present directly your confirmation with your smartphone
Number of participants
- Minimum group for the activity: 4 people (maximum 10)
To take with you
Flip flops, sunscreen and cap are highly recommended
Webbed hiking equipment
Boat trip to Sainte Marguerite Island
Where the activity is taking place
- Port de la Rague
Bus: Stop "Balcons d'Azur" or "Port de la Rague" then 5 min walk
Train: Mandelieu la Napoule or Théoule sur Mer
Additional location information
Highway A8: Exit 40 - Toward Théoule sur Mer - at the exit of Mandelieu, take the on-ramp right toward Port de la Rague.