Experience an original and fun adventure in the mysterious and magical depths of Baume Obscure. You will have to solve various puzzles and find the clues necessary to locate a chest which will also find the key to access a fabulous treasure!
Go with your family, or friends, to a visit to the cave of Baume Obscure embellished with a captivating treasure hunt!
Before the departure a facilitator will put you in condition with, in the "Géodôme" (semi-spherical structure), the projection of a small film whose fantastic story is inspired by the novel of Jules Vernes "Journey to the Center of the Earth" .
He will then assign a mission to children and adults, explain the course of the game, give the safety instructions and coordinate departures. A document in the form of a parchment will be provided beforehand with map, drawings, photos and texts. The treasure hunt will consist of finding clues, solving riddles, may be to flush out strange and mysterious beings. Throughout a course arranged and secure long 700 m and deep 60 m you will enjoy musical and light entertainment highlighting the most beautiful parts of the cave.
Back on the surface, around a table, you will find the location of the treasure chest and the combination of letters, numbers or symbols that will open it. You can then access the reward !!!
- An unusual treasure hunt, fun and informative to do with family or friends
- A visit with sound and light animations in one of the most beautiful caves in the Provence Alpes Côte d'Azur region
- A fully landscaped underground course, ligthed and secure.
- A natural site pleasant to discover in all seasons, whatever the weather conditions on the surface
- Snack with shaded terraces - Picnic tables available
- Souvenir shop with, among other things, sale of minerals and fossils
Many stairs in the cave. No stroller possible. Children can enter the cave with parents (baby gate strongly recommended). Dogs are forbidden for security reasons. It is possible to leave them on the surface under the supervision of the staff of the cave (space reserved)
Secure route with video cameras and intercoms.
Number of participants
- Tour and game accessible for 2 to 12 people per departure (every 20 minutes)
To take with you
Non-slip shoes. In summer, warm clothing (14 ° C underground all year round). In winter or between seasons: dress according to weather outside (in the cave: no rain, no wind, no snow or ice!)
The supervision of the game by our animators, before and after your adventure in the cave.
Access to the projection under the "Geodome" and to the sound and light animations in the cave.
The supports necessary for the game and the visit of the cave
- Le LUNDI de 10:00 à 17:45
- Le MARDI de 10:00 à 17:45
- Le MERCREDI de 10:00 à 17:45
- Le JEUDI de 10:00 à 17:45
- Le VENDREDI de 10:00 à 17:45
- Le SAMEDI de 10:00 à 17:45
- Le DIMANCHE de 10:00 à 17:45
- Le LUNDI de 10:00 à 16:45
- Le MARDI de 10:00 à 16:45
- Le MERCREDI de 10:00 à 16:45
- Le JEUDI de 10:00 à 16:45
- Le VENDREDI de 10:00 à 16:45
- Le SAMEDI de 10:00 à 16:45
- Le DIMANCHE de 10:00 à 16:45
- Le MARDI de 10:00 à 15:45
- Le MERCREDI de 10:00 à 15:45
- Le JEUDI de 10:00 à 15:45
- Le VENDREDI de 10:00 à 15:45
- Le SAMEDI de 10:00 à 15:45
- Le DIMANCHE de 10:00 à 15:45
Du 01/07/2019 au 31/08/2019
Du 01/09/2019 au 31/10/2019
Du 01/11/2019 au 18/11/2019
Where the activity is taking place
- 2600 chemin de Saint Anne 06460 Saint Vallier de Thiey
Departure from the Grasse coach station to the "Grand Pré" stop at St Vallier de Thiey then 3 km of pleasant walk to get to the cave (small forest road and bike path)
Additional location information
Coming from Grasse, in the Saint Vallier de Thiey meadow: roundabout with a plant sculpture representing a deer. Turn left on the D5 (direction Saint Cézaire) for about 800 m to a new roundabout. Take the road on the right (chemin de Sainte Anne) towards the Intermarché located 500 meters further. After passing this one continue straight ahead for 2.5 km to the underground car park of the cave.