Visit in an original way, without guide, one of the most beautiful caves of the Provence Alpes Côte d'Azur region. At the rhythm of music and light games, accompanied by the voice of a geologist, you will discover the hidden treasures of Baume Obscure throughout a course arranged and secure.
The concept of a visit called "free" (but audio-guided) is particularly appreciated and put forward to Baume Obscure. Thanks to the "Souterroscope" system, visitors are free from the presence of a guide. They can roam the cave at their own pace, without the constraints of a group visit and the time timed underground. As the cave progresses with the play of light and ambient music highlight the most remarkable parts of the cave (landscapes, waterfalls, geological curiosities, minerals and fossils, crystallizations, fauna cavernicole) while a geologist's voice provides information on the spaces crossed. Taking pictures and / or videos is allowed.
- Landscaped path (stairs, ramps, lighting), marked and secured. Descent to 60 m depth. Entrance 100 m from the reception chalet and exit near this one: the path is one way, so no tedious return
- An underground walk accessible to all public in good physical condition (many stairs).
- Nice cave to visit in all seasons and whatever the weather conditions outside
- Snacks on site or picnic tables available
- Pleasant walks in the forest and entertainment for all audiences in all seasons, including exhibitions, projections / conferences in the "Geodôme" (semi-spherical geode-shaped structure)
Number of participants
- The capacity at each start of visit: from one to 15 people (every 15 minutes)
To take with you
Non-slip shoes. In summer, warm clothing (14 ° C underground all year round). In winter or between seasons: dress according to weather outside (in the cave: no rain, no wind, no snow or ice!)
- Le MARDI de 10:00 à 16:45
- Le MERCREDI de 10:00 à 16:45
- Le JEUDI de 10:00 à 16:45
- Le VENDREDI de 10:00 à 16:45
- Le SAMEDI de 10:00 à 16:45
- Le DIMANCHE de 10:00 à 16:45
Du 01/11/2019 au 24/11/2019
Where the activity is taking place
- 2600 Chemin de Sainte-Anne
Departure from Grasse: Line A from "Place de la Buanderie" to "Grand Pré" then 3.5 km walk to reach the cave
Additional location information
At Saint Vallier de Thiey take the direction of Saint Cézaire (D5). At the end of the village turn right (Chemin de Sainte Anne - sign "Souterroscope" clearly visible), go past the Intermarché and continue straight for 2.5 km to the underground parking of the cave.
From 45€ 9€